Research has shown a strong link between meditation and asthma attack control.
Meditation is a mental focus technique that aims to induce a deep state of relaxation. If you meditate long enough and stay consistent with the brainwave frequency, your brain will make new neural pathways in your grey matter that will become your default when an attack is triggered.
It increases your mental alertness and oxygen flow to the respiratory system while lowering your blood pressure.
Meditation will stop the overproduction of stress hormones that impair the immune system and most importantly, stop your panic.
Meditation can lessen the severity of an asthma attack but it can be hard to reach this brainwave frequency on your own.
Brainwave entrainment is perfect for people who have trouble meditating. Entrainment introduces specific brainwave frequencies to the brain with the intention of changing its dominant frequency and state of consciousness. Within six minutes, the brain entrains or follows this designed brainwave pattern and produces a state of deep relaxation, the same that meditation induces. Brainwave entrainment will then hold this frequency state steady for 20 more minutes, increasing the benefits of the meditative state.
Asthma is a condition that affects the lungs, the bronchi or tubes that process the air you breathe to retrieve oxygen. With asthma, the bronchi become constricted, causing tightness, wheezing, and coughing, with an overriding sensation that you are going to smother and die.
There are no known causes for asthma but certain triggers will cause an attack. Cigarette smoke, cold weather, running, pollen, dust and dust mites, and stress will trigger an asthma attack.
An asthma attack can be brought on by stress and tension and the severity of the attack is often increased by fear and panic about the attack itself, forming a self-fulfilling cycle.
How Brainwave Entrainment Helps
- There are no side effects
- Puts you into a meditative state, keeps you there, while you focus on the tones and breathe slowly and deeply.
- Controlled breathing while listening to a brainwave entrainment recording specifically designed for asthma, will strengthen your lungs and may aid in preventing a future attack.
- Can be used as a great complementary therapy to standard asthma treatment
- Can feel the benefits immensely
- Lessens the severity of the attacks
- Relaxes the mind and busts stress
- Increases mental alertness
- Can calm you almost immediately
- When your mind is in this relaxed state, you can control your emotions better and the positive effect will be an increase in blood and oxygen flow to the body, while decreasing blood pressure.
- Relaxing during an attack, your default state of mind after regular practice, will enable drug treatment to take effect more quickly and efficiently.
Meditating using brainwave entrainment can lessen the severity of an asthma attack, and with regular practice, will aid in strengthening your respiratory system. If your immune system and respiratory system is strong, you may have less asthma attacks, less severe, and less often.
Meditating using brainwave entrainment can be a very effective complementary therapy in the controlling of your asthma symptoms.