I don't have to tell you what it feels like to experience the "runner's high".
OK, I'll tell the rest of you who have never experienced this wonderful, natural high what I'm talking about.
Naturally occurring endorphins are released during long, continuous workouts, when the level of intensity is at a level where it is hard to breathe-you can't have a conversation. At this point, your muscles have used up their stored glycogen and you are running on opioids.
Endorphins are endogenous opioid peptides that function as neurotransmitters and are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus during exercise, excitement, pain, consumption of spicy food, love, and orgasm and they remove pain and leave you with a great sense of well-being .
When a nerve impulse reaches your spinal cord, endorphins prevent the nerve cells from releasing pain signals.
That's why you can run forever after you reach your "runner's high."
Brainwave entrainment is a neurotechnological tool that you can use to induce the right brainwave frequency to power up your run, or any exercise for that matter, and can give you a "runner's high". Specially designed brainwave bands are introduced to the brain with the intention of altering your state of consciousness and your brainwave frequency. Because the brain is designed to mimic a repeated rhythmic stimulus, it very easily and naturally follows the entrainment, and is altered.
The brainwave gamma frequency stimulates the part of the brain than releases endorphins and good brainwave entrainment recordings use this frequency to give you a runner's high as you workout.
Gamma in Brainwave Entrainment Benefits
• Reshapes the brain-neuroplasticity and cell growth.
• Cures depression and pain because the brain releases feel good hormones like serotonin.
• Improves mood, self-esteem, and body image.
• Can give you a transcendental experience.
• Releases phenylalanine PLA-a neurotransmitter that stimulates mental alertness and releases dopamine and serotonin affecting the mind in a positive way.
• Puts you "in the flow".
• Produces peace and calm by emptying the mind-especially of stressful thoughts.
• Helps you focus, emptying your mind of everything else except what you are doing-running, swimming, dancing etc.
• Gives you energy and motivation.
• Burns fat. Your body releases chemicals that speed up metabolism.
• Boosts your beta-endorphin production-endogenous morphine.
• Releases natural pain killers and produces feelings of comfort and euphoria.
• Lowers blood pressure.
• Lowers LDL, low density lipoprotein cholesterol-the bad cholesterol.
• Improves your ability to relax and sleep afterwards.
• Helps you concentrate and remember things much better. Running and learning use the same area of the brain …. the hippocampus.
• Strengthens heart muscle
• Raises good HDL, high density lipoprotein.
• Boosts levels of O2 in the brain, maximizing blood flow to the cortex-brings you a higher focus and attention span.
• Helps you relax and recover afterward.
You can use a specialized brainwave entrainment recording in isochronic tones for running or for group exercise like yoga and martial arts. If you use isochronic, you can use a stereo system with speakers and more than one person at a time can experience a good entrainment.
If you want to enhance your run, you can use either isochronic tones or binaural beats, with headphones.
Brainwave entrainment in gamma will motivate you, help you focus, push you to the point of a natural high, and then when you've finished, you'll feel relaxed and your body will recover easily and quickly.